| Global water and air volume|
Left: All the water in the world (1.4087 billion cubic kilometres of it) including sea water, ice, lakes, rivers, ground water, clouds, etc.
Right: All the air in the atmosphere (5140 trillion tonnes of it) gathered into a ball at sea-level density. Shown on the same scale as the Earth.
Source: Adam Nieman / Science Photo Library
- Bottle tops 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Other peoples projects
- 100km diet
- Household Energy Descent Plan
- 2006 Rotorua World Trials Champs photos Aug 2006
- Climate change
- Localisation, Transition Town, Peak Oil, Permaculture, Moera
- Book list - just a list of books for friends (other must read book lists.
- Old weather data from my house - updated every 10 minutes. (The web cam shows our front lawn (location map), the sky looking northeast, and the house over the road. )
Energy efficiency and environment idea reminders:
(This is just a list of ideas I might want to remember on day)
- Rain water tanks - used 200 litre barrels
- Rain water tanks - used 1000 litre plastic wired framed tanks
- Rain water tanks - childrens swimming pool under the deck
- Rain water tanks - used water bed bladder under the deck
- Add more grassy areas on suburban roads to absorb rain/storm water (reduces the peak flows into storm water systems)
- plant (more) fruit trees and nut trees on public land
- eat local challenge - can I/we eat local-only food for one day a week?
- Used cooking oil bio-diesel
- collect all the used cooking oil from Moera take-away shop (3 fish-n-chips, and 1 cafe)
- purchase a bio-diesel micro refinery bio-diesel micro refinery
- use it in diesel cars and emergency generator