How to open a hair dryer
9 Oct 2010
WARNING: Unplug (or cut off) the mains power plug before opening a hair dryer!
If you want to open a typical hair dryer for some reason, you'll need a special screwdriver to use on the special screws used to hold them together. The screw driver tip looks like this:
I haven't found any local shops that sell this item so I went to a second hand tool shop and bought a thin (about 1mm wide) file and a cheap screwdriver (about 7mm wide tip) for a total of $5. If you're lucky you may already have one or both of these items.
Then I just filed a slot in the middle of the tip of the screw driver to achieve the desired effect. I just guessed the middle of the tip and started a slot by running an edge of the file back and forward. Once started it only took 2 minutes to complete.
- Cheap wall insulation with polystyrene beads - Dec 2006-Mar 2007
- and your questions - 2007 onwards
- infrared thermal imaging - Aug 2010
- How to convert a hair dryer into a insulation blower Aug 2010
- Ryobi Leaf Blower my latest blower system - 28 Jun 2010